We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all children, young persons and adults at risk in our sport.
Safeguarding Children is Everyone's Business! It is all about measures to protect children's health, wellbeing and human rights, and allow them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect.
The Safeguarding of Children has been defined by the UK Government as the: 'process involved in protecting kids from neglect and abuse – stopping their development and health from being impaired. Also insuring that they grow up in a safe environment too which allows them opportunities to progress and develop to enter adulthood effectively' (Department for Education).
If you think that your child is in immediate danger of abuse or risk of harm, contact the police on 999.
If the matter is not immediate, you can discuss it with:
- Your Child's gymnastics coach
- Our Welfare Officer
- A member of the British Gymnastics Safeguarding team
- The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Promoting the welfare of all our members and the importance of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding to child protection concerns.
- Ensuring that Chelsea Gymnastics Academy staff complete SPCA training, and refresh it every three years.
- Ensuring that our coaches have the appropriate teaching qualifications to the level of the skills being coached.
Chelsea Gymnastics Welfare Officer
Mr Maurice Horan
LADO Kensington and Chelsea
Tel: 020 7361 3013
and ask that a LADO make contact.
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
OFSTED: 0300 123 1231
Emergency police: 999
Non-emergency police: 101
Government helpline for extremism concerns: 020 7340 7264
Changes to the safeguarding policy
Our Safeguarding Policy on protecting children and vulnerable adults will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. This notice was last updated on 28th of July 2022.
Questions or comments?
For any questions, comments, suggestions about our safeguarding policy please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org