Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Gymnastics Lessons
This is a special video in which Chelsea (our virtual assistant) answers the most frequently asked questions about the personal gymnastics sessions for children with coach Stefan, followed by a list of the FAQs.
1. How long are the personal sessions?
One session is 45 min for children at the ages of 5 and 6. For those who are 7 years old and older, the session is 60 min.
2. Where do you run the personal gymnastics session?
Chelsea Gymnastics offers home gymnastics lessons and/or at The Kensington Studio, London W8 6JP.
3. How much do you charge per session?
You can see the full price list here.
4. Do you offer any discounts?
Yes, if you book a block of 5 sessions ahead (this is a 5-week course with 1 lesson per week). Find out more here.
5. What should my child wear?
Participants can wear T-shirts, vests, shorts, leggings and tracksuits.
6. Can I sit and watch my child?
You are welcome to sit and watch your child.
7. Will you teach more than one child in one lesson?
Yes, we teach up to 2 children in the same lesson. The price for 2 children is slightly higher.
8. How much space do I need for the gymnastics lesson at home?
Enough space to lay a mat.
9. Do you bring any gymnastics equipment with you?
Yes, coach Stefan brings small gymnastics equipment, such as beanbags, spots, elastic bands, wooden bars, skipping rope, etc.
10. What equipment will I need for the gymnastics lesson?
Just a gymnastics/yoga mat or a soft carpet to start.
11. Can you recommend me what additional equipment to get for the lessons?
Yes, we can recommend you the equipment that might be useful for your child.
12. Are your coaches qualified to teach children?
Yes, all sessions are run by coach Stefan. He is fully insured & qualified. Stefan possess a PhD degree in Physical Education, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Level 3 UK Coaching qualification in Gymnastics, and he is fully DBS checked. We can also provide you with his DBS certificate if needed.
13. What age should my child be to book a session?
Our personal gymnastics lessons at Chelsea Gymnastics are for children between the ages of 5 and 11.
14. Can you provide us with gymnastics awards as part of the gymnastics lessons?
Yes, we can. Chelsea Gymnastics developed our own gymnastics programme with 10 progressive levels and each of them comes with a gymnastics certificate.
15. How should I pay for the gymnastics lessons?
All payments are made upfront by a bank transfer only. Full details for your payment are available here. Please provide a minimum of 48 hours’ notice when cancelling a session. If you cancel in less than 48 hours before the start of the lesson, you will still be charged and no refund will be made.